It’s coming up to one of my favorite times of the year, so I thought why not dedicate this month to all things Christmas!
Sure Christmas time can be stressful & busy (I use to work in retail & hubby still does so, I KNOW) then there’s lots of running around trying to see all the family, which in this day & age can mean up to 4 or five sides to keep happy & that can be full on! There’s the expense of it all & every year I say I’m going to be organised & stick to a budget (but I LOVE to shop & so that NEVER happens) & it can also be a hard time of year for those celebrating without their loved ones, for any number of reasons.
But, it’s Christmas. Its magical & special & for the most part people are generally happy & kind to one another (you know, goodwill towards men & all that)
If you have young kids it’s extra special because you get to re-live your childhood Christmas joy through them. Kids are wide eyed & innocent & still believe in the magic of it all & aren’t concerned or aware of any of that other stuff I just mentioned above. To them Christmas means fun, family time, kindness, presents, Santa & yummy food. And that’s exactly what it should be about.
So to get us all in the festive mood & help us celebrate some of the joys & traditions of Christmas, I’ve put together some of my favourite Christmas finds for this flavor of the month installment.
1. Santa Key- if you live in an apartment or house without a chimney & you have kids who worry or wonder how Santa will get in to deliver the presents, then this beautiful key available from Finnlee & Me is a sweet little fix to that problem.
2. Santa Sack- we always had Stockings growing up & I’ve continued that tradition for my own family, but I always loved the idea of finding a big bag of presents left at the end of the bed. If I was to change to this method, then this beautiful Santa sack available from Limetree Kids is what I’d pick.
3. Elf on the Shelf -some think it’s cute, some think it’s creepy, but I’m on team FUN & am so excited to be starting this tradition for my boys this year & hope they get a lot of joy out of finding our elf & the antics she gets up to every morning. If it also helps curb a few behavioral issues for the month, knowing Santas watching, then that’s not a bad thing either 😉 I found the Book Depository to be the cheapest place to buy them & they ship worldwide for free too.
4. Felt Ball Wreath – I’m loving all things “feltballs” at the moment & am lusting after so many of Nats amazing creations over at Little Puddles, but for this Christmas theme flavor of the month I couldn’t go past this traditional coloured Christmas wreath. How AMAZEBALLS would this look on your wall.
5. Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Decorations- Our family has a tradition of giving an ornament to one another each year. It’s so nice when decorating the tree to hang up those special decorations from years past & think of the person that gave it to us. I love our eclectic mix of meaningful decorations & would love to add one of these sweet little trees from Song of the Seam to our collection.
Are you ready for Christmas? Do you have any Christmas family traditions? Are you a stocking or Santa sack family?
*this is not as sponsored post nor any affiliate links. These are just items I’ve seen during the month that I love & think you might too.